Transacting funds to and from is the basic and the most significant pillar/process that all investors need to follow. We called it a pillar because the intact trading activities are somewhere connected/dependent on this basic process. Although it is a fundamental process while performing this action, investors are asked to pay special attention to avoid committing mistakes.
Like other crypto wallets, MetaMask also supports this action. However, the processes involved in performing the wallet activities get slightly differ based on the medium you are opting to perform a particular action. If the users are tech-savvy, then they prefer to perform all the wallet operations through the MetaMask Chrome extension. Thus, to provide them with significant information relating to sending the funds through the extension, we have crafted this read.
Creating the process set up
- Keep the recipient's address handy
- Ensure you are having an adequate amount of the native tokens of the network. This is required to meet the gas fee
A brief guide to send tokens from MetaMask
Here, we will try to cover all the steps involved in moving funds out from the wallet using the wallet extension. Well, the steps to be followed in all the extensions are pretty same but we are here to consider the steps that you need to perform while sending the funds through the MetaMask Chrome extension.
- Get into your wallet by unlocking it and reach the landing page
- Next, access the account from which you want to move the funds
- Find and tap on the “Send” button to start the process
- In the asked field, type the recipient’s address. Further, if you have saved the address earlier in the wallet’s address book, it will automatically get displayed
- Mention the amount of tokens that you are likely to send
- Tap on “Next”
- A screen reflecting the gas fee will then get displayed
- Review the provided recipient’s address and then click on “Confirm” (if everything seems to be fine)
- You’ll then land on the homepage
- From the “Activity” tab, check all your recent transactions
- On successful completion of the processed action, you will get notified about the transaction status which will be reflected as “Confirmed”.
- If the transaction is taking longer time than expected, you’ll be asked to either speed up the transaction or cancel it before it gets confirmed.
- Review the transaction status from the “Activity” tab after accessing the wallet through the MetaMask Chrome extension (or mobile app).
- The involved transaction fee and the token amount don’t get deducted immediately. The processed transaction gets confirmed after a certain time frame. Till then the transaction is reflected as “Pending”.
MetaMask Chrome extension is the widely used browser extension for this wallet and this is why we have summarized the steps involved in sending money through this. However, if you are using any other supported browser extension then also the steps to be performed will remain the same. Relating to this process there are some conditions that you should always memorize and know what those terms are, check the “Support” section of the wallet before sending the funds either through the extension/mobile app.